Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

On hold

On Wednesday we went to the hospital at 9am and didn't emerge until 3pm. It's taken me this long to recover and write about it. Little T had an MRA (magnetic resonance image with dye contrast)on his arm. We saw his Hemo. His platelets were 207. After a lot of calls about whether leave his IV in or not, which took almost two hours, we left his IV in at the last minute. Unfortunately the day surgery nurses failed to draw his blood properly for his fibrinogen. The Hemo nurses tried and couldn't draw any blood through the IV, so leaving in the IV proved a useless frustrating waste of time.

His hemo doctor saw that his tumor wasn't growing, thanks to the black lines we drew on his shoulder with permanent marker. She asked me to try to postpone Radiation Therapy by two to three weeks so we'd have more time to decide whether or not to go through with it.

When I got home, Radiology had left a message on our voicemail. They needed to postpone Radiation Therapy by three weeks starting April 24, because the MRA was late and due to scheduling issues on their end.

I could write more, but C just called and said that Special K wants me to come to the park and bring our kites. Later!


( 1 note — Leave a note )
Apr. 2nd, 2006 02:37 am (UTC)
I hope you had fun flying kites!

I'll keep healing thoughts in my heart that Little T doesn't need Radiation Therapy.
( 1 note — Leave a note )